Health & Safety
Health and Safety in design and construction is covered under the CDM Regulations and imposes many obligations on Employers. Our qualified staff will help you through this process.
The objective of the CDM Regulations is to reduce the number of serious and fatal accidents which happen every year in the construction industry by improving the overall management and co-ordination of health, safety and welfare throughout all stages of a construction project.
The CDM Regulations place duties on all those who can contribute to the health and safety of a construction project. Duties are placed upon clients, designers and contractors alike. The new CDM Regulations 2015 have created the new role of Principal Designer.
The Principal Designer role puts more emphasis on the need to alleviate risks at the design stage and improve coordination of the design within the design team including specialist design. Mascot will undertake this role either directly for the Employer or as a sub consultant to the appointed Principal Designer.
Our Health and Safety services include:
- Advising the Employer of their duties
- Undertaking checks on competence
- Attending design team meetings
- Collating design risk assessments
- Collating the Pre-Construction information
- Posting of F10 notifications
- Vetting the Construction Phase Health and Safety plan
- Undertaking Health and Safety audits